The beautiful hair that we style in various ways to present our self elegantly can also face problems. Men and women both face hair fall by the age 50. The physical appearance is influenced by hair loss that makes people miserable.
Now you have an amazing solution to hair thinning and hair loss. Hair transplants are a very popular hair restoration surgery. Visit your doctor and discuss how and when to get the treatment.
What is a Hair Transplant Surgery?
Hair transplant surgery is a technique that involves removing hair follicles from one area and moving them to the spot on the scalp that has thin or no hair at all. In the US this technique has been practiced since the 1950s but with time the procedures have been a lot better and have improved a lot. Now you can have this procedure in a third-world country like Pakistan. You can search for hair transplant in Lahore price online.
How long is the hair transplant process?
There are mainly two types of hair loss treatment surgeries. These are known as FUE Follicular Unit Extraction and FUT Follicular Unit Transplant.
Both the surgeries are similar, however, the main difference is that in FUT a strip of skin is removed from the donor area while in FUE the hair follicles are directly removed from the donor site and transplanted into the scalp.
Now let’s have a quick look at the steps of FUE hair transplant:
- Consultation with the surgeon to prepare for the treatment.
- Local anesthesia is applied to make the procedure pain-free.
- When it is time for the procedure, first of all, graft extraction is done. It involves a tool that is used to extract hair follicles from the donor area. The donor area is usually the back or the sides of the scalp.
- After the extraction, the grafts are sorted for implantation.
- The hair follicles are then transplanted into the scalp with the help of a tool or whatever technology being used by your surgeon.
- As soon as the surgery is over, the dressing is applied to the donor area and you are allowed to go home and the post-operative care begins.
The time it takes is between 2-4 hours to complete the procedure.
How long does a hair transplant procedure take?
A hair transplant procedure takes normally 2-4 or 4-8 hours to complete. The time for the procedure depends on the grafts or the number the hair follicles that are intended to be transplanted.
How long hair transplant last?
Hair transplant is a natural hair restoration method so the results are natural and permanent. However, it takes some time before you notice significant changes in the growth of your hair. It takes 6-8 months before you discover noticeable results. And after a year, the complete results are apparent.
The transplanted hair behaves like normal hair, they shed, fall, and then regrow. Thus, a hair transplant lasts a lifetime.
The success rate of hair transplant procedures is 90-95% that makes them a reliable hair restoration method.
What are the side effects of hair transplant procedures?
The side effects of hair transplant surgery are rare. However, every human being has a different reaction to the treatment. The potential side effects are:
- Pus around the surgical areas
- Swelling, itching, and irritation on the scalp
- Hair follicles inflammation
- Scars, this is a permanent side effect.
To avoid pain and infection, after the procedure your surgeon will advise you on medications.
If you plan to get a hair transplant, visit the best-reputed doctor and the clinic so that you receive the best and natural looking results.